21 June 2009

Learning To Play Cricket, Kind Of.......



While I was writing the post below, my roommate was looking out the window and asked, "What are those guys doing out there?" I got excited because they were playing cricket and, as I said before, I wanted to go learn to play. I convinced him to come down with me and we got some decent pictures. Needless to say, the poor TCNs didn't know what to make of two non-athletic Americans wanting to play with them. But, in true international hospitality, they invited us to play (ok, we asked to play, but they let us, that's the point). Neither of us will be trying out for England's cricket team anytime soon. Lots of fun, although, I still have no idea how to play cricket.




P.S. TCN means Third Country National. Like Bangladeshi, Pakistani, Filipino, Indian, you get the idea. And I have no idea where any of these guys are from.

No comments:

Post a Comment