05 September 2009

Joint Base Balad, Iraq

The lost bag saga is finally over. I recovered my last bag around 1930 last night! I am never flying on three different airplanes through four airports again. Lesson learned.

I got in to JBB about 0430 this morning and hit the rack hard. 0630 came very early. When I woke up this morning, I wished I would have looked a little bit closer at where I was sleeping. Holy cow, my CHU is FILTHY! I am feeling the effects of too few hours sleep and the massive amount of dust I inhaled throughout the night. I am cleaning when I leave work tonight.

I am going to try to take pictures and get them up over the next few days, so everyone can see what it's like over here. At least I can say that I live in an exclusive gated community in a historic neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment